|Annual Summer Meetings||Latin American Political Methodology Meetings||Asian Political
|Visions in Methodology Meetings||Thematic Meetings|
- St Louis Area Methods Meeting will be held at at Southern Illinois University and takes place April 12, 2019.
- The 2019 Summer Meeting will be held at MIT and takes place July 18 - 20, 2019.
- The Southern California Methods Meeting takes place September 19 - 20, 2019.
- The 2020 Asian Political Methodology Meeting takes place January 9-10, 2020.
- The 2020 Summer Meeting will be held at the University of Toronto.
Annual Summer Meetings
Since 1984 the Society for Political Methodology has held an annual summer conference. These conferences have been generously supported by the host institution, and by the National Science Foundation. This page contains the programs and information for each of these meetings.
2019 Summer Methods Meeting
The 2019 Summer Meeting will be hosted by MIT, July 18th-20th 2019 at the Samberg Conference Center.
More information can be found here.
Program Committee: Pamela Ban (UCSD), Justin Esarey (Wake Forest), Jay Goodliffe (BYU), Jennifer Pan (Stanford), Ludovic Rheault (U of Toronto), Betsy Sinclair (WUSTL), Ariel White (MIT), Teppei Yamamoto (MIT, Chair)
Past Annual Summer Meetings
- 2018 hosted by Brigham Young University
- 2017 hosted by University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2016 hosted by Rice University
- 2015 hosted by University of Rochester
- 2014 hosted by University of Georgia
Latin American Political Methodology Meetings
The Latin American Political Methodology Meetings are annual meetings that have taken place since 2017.
Past Latin American PolMeth Meetings
- 2018 conference at Universidad de los Andes
- 2017 conference at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Asian Political Methodology Meetings
The Asian Political Methodology Meetings have taken place annually since 2014.
Past Asian Political Methodology Meetings
- 2019 conference at Doshisa University
- 2018 conference at Seoul National University
- 2017 conference at the University of Sydney
- 2016 conference at Tsinghua University
- 2015 conference at Academia Sinica
Visions in Methodology Meetings
Visions in Methodology (VIM) supports women who study political methodology. In addition to providing a forum to share scholarly work, VIM connects women in a field where they are under-represented. VIM provides opportunities for scholarly progress, networking, and professional mentoring in research and teaching in order to support women in the political methodology community. Averaging about 30 participants, VIM's three-day conference feature research presentations and discussions on both methodological and substantive topics.
Past Visions in Methodology Meetings
- 2018 Conference at Ohio State University
- 2017 Conference at Stony Brook University
- 2016 Conference at UC Davis
- 2015 Conference at the University of Kentucky
- 2014 Conference at McMaster University
The National Science Foundation recently agreed to fund smaller thematic meetings similar in character to the annual summer conference 25 years ago. The Society is accepting proposals for these meetings.
Past Thematic Meetings
- 2015 Conference on Ideal Point Models
- 2013 Causality in Political Networks conference
- 2010 Path Dependence Conference hosted by the University of Minnesota
National Science Foundation Support
The National Science Foundation support has expanded the reach, impact and excellence of the Society’s conference activities since 1986.